Photo By Sharon Hay

Archived Posts

Friday, March 6, 2009

Jailbreaking Iphone, The South Park App

Since the purchase of my iPhone 3G and the discovery of all the pointless and miscellaneous apps for killing time (i.e. Pianist, Lightsabre, etc.), I certainly have been guilty of my share of downloads. Who knew that playing the Synth on your phone could be so fun and so annoying to everyone else at the same time? Apple thats who.

I remember reading on The Iphone Blog about a South Park app and how it wasn't going to be approved by Apple and the App Store because of its "offensive" content. My first reaction was something along the lines of, "oh well, what is a South Park app going to do anyways?" I continued to read on and discovered that the South Park app wasnt going to let itself die and would be available through Jailbreaking. Fight the power.

Then I jailbroke, (with some hesitation at first, but I couldnt be happier) not because of this reason, but coincidentally soon after reading about this.

Perusing the Cydia Third Party App Store I stumbled upon the South Park app for free and decided to give it a quick download to see what it was all about. After spending approximately 5 seconds with the app loaded, I discovered that you can watch EVERY single episode of South Park Right from inside this application. Should I not be as impressed about this as I am?

If TV shows are going this far into the mobile world, I have to tell you that I am pretty impressed/excited. I have even seen some "Family Guy" and "American Dad" apps around Cydia, but since those shows do certainly suck, I didnt even stop in to see what they were all about.

But imagine a world where all your favorite TV shows are catalogued right into your phone? And using the TVout App, and/or maybe some miscellaneous chords and adaptors, you can just plug em into your fancy pants TV at home.

If I could watch every Simpsons episode while pooping, would I ever stop pooping? These are questions I may not be prepared to answer.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hopefully you would...