Photo By Sharon Hay

Archived Posts

Monday, February 16, 2009

Two Sets of Strings





I bought this pretty little Washburn almost 6 years ago when I was living in Montana. I only paid a couple hundred bucks for it when a friend of mine wanted to sell it.

It then ended up at my pal Dwight's house near Fort Worth, Texas when it wouldn't fit in my car on my road trip to California. It's been there for almost 3 years.

And recently, it ended up in my hands again.

I had to wipe a layer of dust off the whole thing, but after some thought I took it to my pal Al over at ARC Guitars. I had him put in an Active Element from LR Baggs as well as restring and set up the neck. I got it back today and it sounds pretty good for such a low end guitar.

So I'm going to mess around with it. Bring it to practices and maybe even some solo gigs. Who knows, I just might enjoy having that extra octave.

-- Post From My iPhone



No comments: